Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Library ebooks on iPad and iPhone -- now there's an app for that!

I love technology, though sometimes I wish it did not change so fast -- but not this time! I am pleased to report that since I wrote my last blog post about ebook readers for the holidays, Bluefire Productions has developed a method for downloading ebooks in library ebook collections to an iPad or iPhone. The process is a little cumbersome, requiring the reader to download the ebook to a computer and then email it to him or herself for loading into the iPad; however library staff have tested it and found that the directions are clear and the process works. Directions and links can be found on the Downers Grove web site here.

Overdrive, the vendor of the library ebook collection, is also developing a process for downloading the books to Apple products directly from the ebook library. I hope that will be available soon, as well.

In the meantime, Happy E-Holidays!